Thursday, September 13, 2018

Instant Pot Pork Chops


I don't do pork chops a lot, but I do like them every once in a while.  I decided to give them a shot in my Instant Pot.  I cooked pork chops in the pot about a week or so ago, and they were the BEST I have ever eaten!

The first thing I did was melt some butter in the bottom of the insert pot of my 8 quart Instant Pot.  When the butter was melted and hot, I tossed my chops in to brown them on each side before pressure cooking them:


Once I had them browned up the way I wanted, I removed them from the insert pot and removed some of the butter.  I put them back into the pot and put green peppers and onions on top of them.


Finally, I covered them with crushed tomatoes. I used 2 large cans to make sure I had enough liquid in there while cooking them.  I also added about a cup of water, just to make sure they didn't dry out because crushed tomatoes don't have a lot of liquid with them.


Once I had all my ingredients in the pot, I put the lid on and cooked them for 15 minutes.  I let the air release naturally when I cook meats, because I think it makes them a little more tender.  This is what they look like when they are done:


They are so tender that you can cut them with a fork.  The tomatoes, onions, and green peppers do add a few carbs but not many.  The only carbs I get is from fruits and veggies, so I eat my chops with them.  I like the tomatoes and peppers on mine, but you can eat the chops without them if you choose.

I also tried some pork chops with a dry bar-b-q rub.  I started out by browning them, just as I did with the others.  Then I pulled them out of the pot, cleaned it, and added 2 cups of water so it was ready to cook when I was ready to add my chops.

I put the chops on my steamer tray and added the dry rub to each side.  This is the rub that I used.  It has 0 carbs!  I think I got it at the meat market here, but am not sure.  I bet you could find it online if you are wanting to try it.
  

The steamer tray is one I got from Walmart, and it fits perfectly in my 8 quart pot.  There are others that can be used, but this one works well for me.

I put the chops on the steamer tray into the pot and set the time for 15 minutes.  Again, I let the air release naturally when they were done cooking.  They were just as tender as the ones I did with the tomato sauce!  You can see in the picture below where I pulled a small piece out with a fork to taste them.  They are really good, and have no carbs because the rub was carb-free!


I love cooking this way because the clean-up is SO easy!  It also cuts down on the fat from the meat. The meat sits up away from the water, so any fat that cooks out drops down into the water and away from the meat.  However, because it is pressure cooking them, it helps seal moisture into the meat and it doesn't get dry!  Win-Win!  No messy, stuck-on pans to clean, and lower fat!

These are 2 ways I have used my Instant Pot to cook pork chops.  Both ways make them the most tender chops I have ever had.  

I hope this helps give you some different ideas for cooking meats.  I know the same old things get so boring after a while, so trying new things really helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment