Monday, September 3, 2018

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

So, I have taken about a year off, and have not really been eating right.  While I did not gain the weight back, I can definitely tell a difference in how I feel.  I went back to being prone to getting sick with a lot with sinus issues and bronchitis.....even pneumonia.  So.............it's back to eating right!

I have to be honest.  One of the biggest struggles for me was having to cook for each meal, or cooking a lot of the same food at once and eating it for several meals in a row.  It got really old and boring after 2 years of doing that.  It was a chore for me to get motivated to bake chicken or fish, because I knew it would take a while, and those are things that don't heat up well, to me anyway.  The clean-up also stunk!  So...I ate mostly ground beef patties and occasionally would do other meats.  I also HATED cooking the beef patties because of the clean up.  Yeah, I really am not a kitchen kind of person!  I did it out of necessity and tried to be creative with my cooking.  While I was working, and after teaching all day, I wanted to be able to relax and not worry about what I was going to cook for dinner when I got home.  Therefore, I usually cooked up several hamburger patties at a time and would eat those for days.  When I first started eating this way, it really did not bother me, and I didn't really think about it.  Once I started eating "real" food again though, it got tough to go back to eating the same ole stuff day after day. Looking back, I see that it was worth it to get to where I am right now, but boy it isn't easy to go back to that place.  So why now?  What changed?



Enter the Instant Pot!!
I absolutely cannot believe I did not have one of these things before now! It is the easiest, tastiest way to cook meats and veggies!  It is easy to be creative using it as well!  I can cook fish fillets in 4 minutes from frozen!  4 MINUTES.....did you catch that?  No oven to heat up, no pans to scrub, and the taste is out of this world!  BEST. FISH. EVER!  I can also cook a chicken breast in 4 minutes, and the clean-up is simple!  No stuck on gunk to scrub!  💗💗💗

While I can say it was nice to not have to worry about cooking just the right food while eating "real" food, I can also say that eating right makes me feel so much better! And now?  I am actually excited about cooking and trying new things.  I don't dread eating right because I can eat different foods for each meal! I don't even dread the clean-up!  I will post next time about things that I have cooked in my beloved Instant Pot.  I will post recipes as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment